We are currently seeking a Head Chef to work in the one of our Sligo sites.
We are looking for someone with excellent organisational skills, the ability to prioritise their workload and have the ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
You will be working as part of a team but you will at times be expected to work independently and under your own initiative.
- Ensuring that all menu cycles are designed and costed to achieve the budgeted gross profit margin.
- The ability to demonstrate innovative, creative ideas and have a genuine interest in all aspects of the catering business.
- Passionate and knowledge about food.
- Excellent financial and budgetary experience.
- Ensuring H.A.C.C.P. principles are being executed and that all records and food safety checks are being carried out within the kitchen and related areas.
- Experience of managing and motivating a team.
- Overseeing all food orders on site in line with procedures outlined in the Company Purchasing manual and conducting stock takes
- An aptitude and desire to increase sales and create a customer focused environment
- To work and support the Business Manager with their key responsibilities on site. To act as a mentor and lead by example.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in a similar food service environment.
- Third level qualification. (HACCP/Culinary Arts/Professional Cookery)
- Experience in a similar role i.e. Head Chef.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility and the ability to innovate.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong commercial awareness and financial acumen.
Monday to Friday
37.5 hours per week
Training will be given
Applications to: Marion.email@example.com
About the Company
Sodexo UK & Ireland employs around 43,000 people and delivers On-Site Service Solutions to clients at over 2,300 locations including offices, hospitals, schools, defence sites, prisons, sporting events and visitor attractions.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.