We are currently seeking a Hospitality Co-Ordinator to work in the one of our Galway sites.
We are looking for someone with excellent organisational skills, the ability to prioritise their workload and have the ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
You will be working as part of a team but you will at times be expected to work independently and under your own initiative.
- To ensure conference and banqueting bookings are taken correctly and entered onto sales and catering system.
- To issue updated function sheets on a daily basis.
- To issue the weekly function sheets on a weekly basis by the specified time.
- To ensure that all provisional bookings are confirmed within the allocated period. .
- To ensure that the sales of food and beverage are maximised at all times.
- To ensure that all conference and banqueting enquiries are dealt with in a professional manner and the correct booking procedure carried out at all times.
- To communicate with other relevant departments with regard to updated information or special requests with regard to an event.
- To liaise and communicate with the chef on a daily basis regarding changes and special requests for any event.
- To check and authorise all conference and banqueting invoices, providing the necessary back-up information for the accounts department.
- To deputise the Conference and Banqueting Events Manager in their absence, attending management meetings etc.
- To meet potential and existing clients and show them the catering facilities.
- To compile and maintain the client database for the purpose of sales mailshots.
- To be involved in the financial forecasting of the C&B department with the Finance Manager
- To ensure the effective yield management of the sales and catering system.
- To give clients added value where possible.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have 1 – 2 years’ experience in a similar role and be able to work on own intuitive to ensure that we meet and exceed customer expectations.
He/ she will also demonstrate a willingness to progress within the company by attending training and working with the manager on site to develop a career plan to ensure
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Good customer service
- Work well as part of a team.
- Computer literate
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of HACCP
- Fluent English
- Full driving licence
Monday to Friday - occasional Saturdays
39 hours per week
Training will be given
Applications to: Veronica.Oshaughnessy@sodexo.com
About the Company
Sodexo UK & Ireland employs around 43,000 people and delivers On-Site Service Solutions to clients at over 2,300 locations including offices, hospitals, schools, defence sites, prisons, sporting events and visitor attractions.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.