We are currently looking to recruit a Technical Surveyor at Central Manchester NHS Foundation Trust to manage statutory compliance of engineering systems and building components.
The successful candidate will be responsible for surveying, testing and recording designated engineering systems and building components to include but not exclusively fire dampers and passive fire stopping.
- Survey, test and record complex engineering systems including Air Handling system fire dampers to BS EN 1366-2 and BS 9999
- Survey and record designated building components including fire compartmentation and fire stopping to Building Regulations (2010) Approved document B
- Liaise with the Estates Officers and the CAD and Records Technician to update records in a timely and efficient manner
- Interpret and work from drawings, specifications and instructions as required
- Undertake work in hazardous areas taking all safety measures to prevent danger, avoid injury and prevent damage to equipment
- Understand the statutes and codes of good practice relevant to their duties and comply with both these and the requirements of Health and Safety at Work Act etc at all times
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of undertaking measured surveys of engineering systems and buildings
- High degree of accuracy and organisational ability
- High degree of self-motivation is required and be able to work with minimal supervision
- Work with the line manager to establish and set overall priorities within which you will be expected to prioritise your own workload on a day to day basis
- Ladder and Stepladder User/Pasma Aluminium Scaffolding Qualified
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.