Sous Chef at The Royal Academy of Arts London
Sodexo are currently looking to add to our Kitchen Team at The Royal Academy of Arts London to deliver a world class guest experience. We are looking for passionate, enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join our team.
- To support the Head Chef to deliver the culinary and food safety elements of The Royal Academy of Arts business, including client tastings, chef briefings, food safety compliance and operational standards and event delivery
- To be highly organised in kitchen management on a day to day basis. The role is mainly kitchen based but may require a small amount of office based work
- To demonstrate a knowledge of current food trends and have the ability to bring innovation into the food offers in the event business.
- To support, and work in conjunction with, the F&B Manager and restaurant managers and to build positive, mutually beneficial relationships within the business.
- To work with the Head Chef to manage all casual labour in the Kitchen Operation
What we are looking for
- Demonstrable experience in a high volume environment - major events or banqueting operation
- Fine Dining background, gained in hotels, restaurants or contract catering
- A passionate interest in the catering industry
- A competent communicator and the ability to present to colleagues, peers and clients
- Evidence of being organised and possess excellent planning skills
- Proven ability to manage and lead a team of chefs
We also offer:
- Meals while on Duty
- Flexible hours, earliest shift times are from 8am and the latest finish would be 7pm approx.
- Training, Development and Support, with the opportunity to grow within our business
- Staff discounts on food and drink at our other Peyton and Byrne venues
The Royal Academy of Arts is open from Tuesday - Sunday, from 10am - 6pm daily and we are able to offer flexible hours around these times.
About the Company
Sodexo Sports and Leisure is offering exciting opportunities to work at top venues delivering the highest standard of events across the country. As a company we provide catering on behalf of our clients at prestigious sites and events including Ascot Racecourse, The RHS Chelsea Flower Show, Brighton AMEX Stadium, Edinburgh Corn Exchange, Goodison Park and many more.
To help us deliver the highest quality service we are looking for passionate, enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join our team. We have a range of positions available to set you off on the right track within Sodexo, so step up to the mark, be more than a spectator and become a part of our team.