- The post holder will be based at a site in Birmingham City centre.
- They will provide assistance and support to multiple sites around central Birmingham City Centre (cleaning and security as applicable by site).
- The post holder must at all times demonstrate a commitment to equality and inclusion and an understanding of their relevance to the work they do.
- The post holder must adhere to all policies in respect of the sensitive/confidential nature of the information handled whilst working on sites.
- Embrace the principles of Collaborative Business Relationships (BS11000), in line with Sodexo’s vision and values
- Acting as an immediate point of contact for covered sites for cleaning and security where applicable.
- Monitor all PPMs to ensure all contractor/site task SLAs and KPIs are completed in good time.
- To liaise with mobile cleaning supervisor immediately in response to cover a site should the employee report failure to attend a shift if unable to cover with alternative on site cleaning team.
- Liaise with staff across the sites covered with Staff engagement/Carry out Induction and Training of new and existing employee’s
- Maintain records and files as required for all sites including data entry as necessary and contribute to the completion of incident reports
- Order consumables for all sites in good time to ensure levels of stock are maintained.
- Support and create a safe working environment for staff, contractors and visitors by adhering to Health and Safety legislation, ensuring Safe Systems of Work (SSOW) and Risk Assessments are followed reporting incidents to Management.
- Undertake and maintain records for Health and Safety fire alarm testing on a weekly basis.
- To continue to develop one’s own skills and knowledge within the position, and attendance at mandatory/ required training courses
- Deal with and monitor the work of Sodexo visiting contractors in accordance with health and safety.
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks and/or instructions as directed by management relevant to the role.
- Comply with all Sodexo company policies/procedures
- Comply with all legislative requirements
The duties/responsibilities listed above describe the post as it is at present and is not intended to be exhaustive. The job holder is expected to accept reasonable alternations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong, verbal and written communication skills, in English language, and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals.
- Able to work on own initiative and within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Understanding of and commitment to equality and diversity
- Computer literate
- Team Leader Experience at one year
- Awareness of health and safety issues
- First aid certificate
- IOSH certificate
The role is to provide support to the site GSM, with responsibility for five key sites in the Birmingham area , with responsibility for standards of cleaning , security but also the reporting of repairs to the service provider and the distribution of post for the on site client
Hours of work vary across the week depending on the business needs, but there is a real chance of progression for the right candidate
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.