We are currently seeking a highly talented and driven person to work in the one of our Cork sites.
We are looking for someone with excellent organisational skills, the ability to prioritise their workload and have the ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
You will be working as part of a team but you will at times be expected to work independently and under your own initiative.
· To protect the assets of Client sites against loss, damage or trespass at all times whilst on duty
· Act as first point of contact for all site visitors
· Accountabilities (General)
· Attend training courses/sessions relating to your scope of duties.
· Undertake day to day security duties as set out by the Security Supervisor.
· Undertake all necessary work related training courses/sessions.
· Be an active participant in reviewing existing & implementing new techniques to enhance the service provided to the Client.
· Carry out duties in accordance with Sodexo company procedures & client requirements.
· To undertake any other duties as may be reasonably requested by your line manager in line with your competence & experience.
· Attend necessary internal meetings/briefs where required.
· Promote a health & safety culture within the team & raise awareness amongst all colleagues of Health & Safety regulations/requirements
· Accountabilities (Specific)
· Specific responsibilities as defined in the current Assignment Instruction and Site Emergency Plan
· Specific responsibilities as defined in site SOP’s
· Responsible for the arrangement of site inductions
· Responsible for the arrangement of first aid support
· Control of access and egress of staff, visitors, contractors and drivers.
· Management of site keys
· Responsible for the control of vehicles on and off site
· Responsible for the security of site access, both vehicular and pedestrian.
· Monitor, operate and control fire alarm systems during and out of working hours.
· Responsible for access equipment- to allow or deny both vehicular and pedestrian 24/7.
· To liaise closely with statutory authorities, dealing with incidents and the provision of information.
· Maintain continuous monitoring of site radio systems adhering to correct radio procedures at all times.
· Respond effectively and in the correct manner, to internal and external telephone calls and enquiries.
· Carry out duties and procedures as listed in site specific manual and assignment instructions.
· Attend training courses and sessions as is necessary to maintain standards in the contract and to assist in carrying out the job role efficiently.
· Report and take necessary action for any incidents of accidents, fire, loss, theft, damage or other irregularities.
· Diligent management and maintenance of site records / reference materials including Health & Safety records, Incident Forms and the site occurrence book
· Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
· All administrative duties will be carried out as per instruction from your line manager
· Service level agreements detailed in site based operational documents/manuals will be achieved
· All mandatory & job specific training will have been undertaken & the relevant competencies demonstrated to your manager
· Full compliant uniform & PPE will be worn at all times.
· Personal grooming standards will be in line with Sodexo company & site specific requirements.
· Communication with Sodexo colleagues & Johnson & Johnson personnel (verbal & written) will be clear & concise.
· You will interact well with all Sodexo colleagues & Johnson & Johnson staff.
· You will demonstrate attention to detail in all tasks undertaken.
· All Secure Quality Management System documents will be completed on time and in date.
· Concise and substantial information provided at shift handovers
· Positive customer relationships and complimentary customer feedback
· Efficient team of officers, confident in their ability to execute duties to the best of their capabilities, even when under pressure of work load.
· Evidence of learning and development within the role
· Evidence of good working relationships with colleagues (Harmony in team)
The Ideal Candidate
· Valid PSA front line license
· Ability to interact with people including customer staff (at all levels)
· Health & Safety experience
· Strong customer service skills
· Good communication skills
· Previous security experience in similar working environment.
- Secuirty Gaurd
- 37.5- 39 Hours per week
- 5 Days per week - Shifts
- Training will be provided
- Please send your cv to Paula.firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process