Sales Manager - Hamilton Park Racecourse
We are looking to recruit a Sales Manager for Hamilton Park Racecourse where Sodexo provide a range of hospitality services, this role will involve proactively generating sales to achieve budgets, whilst managing a small team. This is a varied role which will mainly be site based however there will be the need to attend networking events and meetings to promote this fantastic venue. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a really interesting environment, in an autonomous role where you can bring fresh ideas.
Our heritage is built on catering and hospitality experience and fuelled by our passion for exceptional food and service. For over 40 years we have been providing bespoke catering and hospitality services for sports stadia, racecourses, visitor, attractions, historic venues, major events and premium airline lounges. Recognised across the globe for hospitality, we help create exceptional moments at extraordinary events such as Royal Ascot, Tour de France, The Open Championship and RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
For more information on the company see Careers in Sports and Leisure
This role will require a proactive, passionate sales person who can lead by example. You will pro-actively sell and promote the venue for a range of events to both new and existing customers. We’re looking for someone who can exceed targets by providing customers with an excellent service and can proactively target sales by driving new business pipeline to support budgeted revenues. With responsibility for marketing you will control the budget, liaise with external media sources and build strong networks with the central Sodexo marketing team. Working with the wider Sodexo Sports and Leisure sales teams, you will work together to maximise opportunities across the business. Managing key accounts and local sales you will win market share and build relationships with customers to support repeat business. Producing the sales and marketing strategy for the year, you will set objectives, monitor successes and drive business growth at the venue.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven track record in proactive sales, preferably in hotel, venue or hospitality however not essential.
- Self-starter who can use initiative to drive sales ideas
- Ability to align and influence different stakeholders and work alongside other functions to achieve collective business objectives
- Experience in implementing best practice and innovation in a sales team environment
- Experience in budget management and measuring sales performance
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- A strong knowledge of the local market
- A good researcher and client focussed approach
- Excellent business relationship building skills and understanding of customer needs
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver measurable sales targets
- Proven success in developing and executing pro-active sales and marketing initiatives with desired results
- Flexibility to work some weekends at events
Up to £27,900 + Sales Bonus + Benefits
About the Company
Our mission is improve the quality of life of Sodexo employees and all those we serve, and contribute to the economic, social and environmental development of the communities, regions and countries in which we operate. We work to improve the well-being of people across the globe through our unique range of expert services and the talent of our teams. As one of the world’s largest employers and a
company of “people at the service of other people,” we are committed to being an employer of choice – providing jobs for our people, as well as training and opportunities for internal promotion to help our employees move up the career ladder.