Retail Assistant (Key Holder)
We currently have an opportunity for a Retail Assistant (Key Holder) to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To deliver and maintain highest standards of customer service in the retail shop.
- To be responsible for taking of monies, cashing up and floats and use automated till.
- To fill in appropriate paperwork and cashing up of tills at the beginning and end of each shift.
- To assist/complete routine stock counting, stock take, layouts, restocking and promotion set up.
- To be fully conversant with stock rotation principles. To rotate all stock and ensure that no out of date stock is on shelves.
- To clean cooking equipment, shelving, refrigeration and counters as needed to ensure that the shop is maintained to the highest standard of cleanliness at all times.
- To manage incoming deliveries and ensure all correct stock is received and appropriately stored.
- Be responsible for ordering with suppliers and check delivery notes when appropriate.
- To be able to work as a member of a team or on own initiative as working hours dictate.
- Be available to work shifts in line with scheduled contracted hours including early, late and weekends.
- To ensure security of cash/cheques and documentation (eg till readings etc).
- To be fully conversant with company Health and Safety, policy and procedures and legal requirements.
- To undertake any other reasonable tasks as directed by your Retail Manager or Supervisor and achieve within the specified deadlines.
The Ideal Candidate
- Good level of numeracy/literacy and an effective Communicator as part of team
- Driven by quality, providing highest standards of service at all times
- Experience or knowledge of the retail environment
- Manual handling ability
- Food Handling and/or H and S qualification desirable
- IT skills an advantage
- 20 days paid annual holiday plus bank holidays.
- Company sick pay after 6 months of service.
- Company pension scheme.
- Childcare vouchers are available.
- Employment discount program
- We offer comprehensive benefits that let full- and part-time employees choose the plans that are right for them
- We guarantee all employees will receive respect and fair treatment
- Ensuring a safe and secure workplace
- Providing training on-the-job, online and in classroom settings that help you excel in your current job and advance to positions of greater responsibility
- Opening the doors to higher education
- An employee incentive scheme
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.