We currently have an opportunity for a Receptionist to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Communicate well and demonstrate an efficient and friendly service to customers and clients at all times. Ensure that communications are paramount between staff,customers and client.
- Ensure reception desks are manned at all times and operated at agreed times
- Ensure you have a full working knowledge of the building, personnel within it and the local geographical area
- Answer telephone within specified number of rings, politely & professionally at all times and connect callers quickly to the correct party
- Deal efficiently with requests for outgoing calls or internal requests for information.
- Manage & update each morning, the screen based consoles with changes in personnel & other relevant information.
- Take daily back up of telephone/postal box database (a.m.)
- Maintain ‘Brought Forward File’ for expected visitors/events etc
- Give out tannoy messages as required
- Distribute management and recording of Ferry tickets issued to staff and accurately maintain ticket database. (Updating to new database each month)
- Ensure constant supply of Ferry Tickets available for use from HR/Facilities
- Produce monthly performance report on reception services provided
- Receive faxes and inform relevant recipients of their arrival
- Be prepared to page First Aiders /Cleaners when urgently required
- Maintain the AE register/rota
- Arrange & log the booking of taxis & confirm charge point
- To ensure that all postal operations are carried out efficiently and promptly to the standards laid down by the company and to comply with statutory regulations
- To comply with all security regulations for incoming post/mail adhering to site security procedures. To report any suspicious mail to Security & follow Site Security procedure.
- To ensure franking machine is secure by pass code & there is sufficient stationary & credit on franking machine to maintain the postal service
- To sort incoming mail to site into appropriate pigeon holes as detailed on site telephone directory. To liaise with WPS Facilities of delivery of any unknown/unaddressed mail
- To maintain a log of all registered post/special deliveries/parcel force.
- To sign for all recorded deliveries and notify addressee of arrival & to ensure addressee sign for special delivery on collection from post room
- To sign for all Parcel Force deliveries and notify addressee of arrival & to ensure addressee sign for Parcel Force items on collection from post room
- Ensure that any building or equipment maintenance defects are reported immediately through the correct channels.
- Deal with lost property in the correct manner following Sodexo and Client procedures with the regard to documentation & safe keeping.
- Participate in any training or career promotion development schemes and team meetings to keep up to date with Company legislation, policies and procedures.
- Carry out any other special duties or work outside normal routine but within the overall scope of the department
- Report immediately any incidents of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage, or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate.
- To be aware of all Fire and Emergency Evacuation Procedures and to ensure that normal precautions are taken by staff to protect against fire and safety hazards
- Comply with all Company & client policies/procedures and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place
- Pass on customers comments immediately and take any necessary remedial action. Report any serious complaints to the line manager
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as directed by management
- Provide holiday and sickness cover in areas as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proficient in the use of IT platforms, Outlook, Word, Excel and bespoke telephone exchange
- Very good listening, communication and organisational skills
- SC security clearance to be obtained and maintained
- Ability to gain and achieve SIA license status
- Suitable and appropriate level to understand written instructions and be numerical competent for the role.
- SIA Licence
- SC Clearance/Disclosure Scotland
- Valid Driving License.
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.