Pagan Chaplain - Part Time
HMP Peterborough has an exciting opportunity for a Pagan Chaplain to join the Chaplaincy team at the prison to provide pastoral and faith specific care to residents and staff.
HMP/YOI Peterborough is the country’s only purpose-built prison for both male and female prisoners (kept separate at all times), including a 12-place mother and baby unit. We are committed to offering education and development programmes to provide residents with the skills required to enter employment on release, so reducing the chances of further offending. Providing creative outlets, such as workshop activities, helps to equip those in custody for when they are released. We use ‘Restorative Approaches’ to bring people in conflict into dialogue. Using a skilled and structured process, those who have been harmed have an opportunity to be heard and those that have caused the harm are held to account for what they have done. We have strong links with the community outside through a variety of partnerships, including our outreach activity Outside Links’ offering support and advice to both residents and their families.
Want to find out more? Come along to the HMP Peterborough Open Day on Saturday 25th June, 10am – 2pm. If you have any queries regarding the Open Day, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Act as faith advisor in the establishment providing advice, pastoral care and spiritual welfare to prisoners, staff and their families as requested
- Facilitate and deliver opportunities for worship study and religious programmes
- Contribute towards the development of local policy, procedures and practice
- Provide mentoring and personal support for other chaplains and volunteers including following incidents
- Be part of the provision of available and accessible chaplaincy care at all times
- Plan and lead worship and prayer / faith specific meetings
- Provide pastoral care to prisoners and help to provide support and bring resolution to crisis situations where required
The Ideal Candidate
- Able to work in a flexible and creative way whilst maintaining good planning, organisational and record keeping skills, along with good verbal and written communication skills, a good level of computer literacy, good decision making and problem solving skills, along with the skills to produce monthly and/or annual reports.
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with local & faith-based communities and staff at all levels of the business, other Chaplains, and prison visitors and volunteers.
- Able to confidently engage with, target and recruit from various community groups.
- Able to communicate through public speaking and the leading of groups, programmes and corporate acts of worship.
£4,420 per annum
Part time 4 hours per week
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more.
Post holders will be subjected to an advanced DBS check, a prison security check (level 2) prior to being employed.
OR (HMP Addiewell only)
Post holders will be subjected to an Enhanced Disclosure Scotland check prior to being employed.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 5 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.