Operational Senior Leader
Do you have strong senior leadership skills and are looking for a new rewarding challenge where you can make a difference to the lives of women? Do you want to be part of a team that supports each other and drives innovation?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Leader to bring their skills and experience to HMP Bronzefield. Prison experience is not essential, but we are looking for someone with a passion for building relationships to help change lives for the better. Working in this fast-paced environment means that every day is different and offers new challenges and opportunities.
You must have a strong leadership and management capability and have substantial risk management experience to offer quick solutions that are easy to communicate.
For more information on Sodexo Careers please visit Careers in Justice
- Support and direct the management of the prison in the absence of the Deputy Director.
- Ensure that resident care is of the highest standard
- Maintain operational stability.
- Contribute to the development of policies and procedures within your function and the wider establishment
- Continually review the skills and competencies of the team, addressing issues proactively.
- Anticipate risks (operational, financial, contractual and reputational), devising and implementing appropriate proactive strategies
- Supervise and direct performance within your function in accordance with the Contract and wider requirements of HMPPS and Sodexo
- Supervise, direct and create effective strategies within the prison with particular emphasis on safety, decency and rehabilitation.
- Effective management of the operational budget within your function
- Effective communications and stakeholder engagement / relationships with a range of external organisations focused on safety, decency and rehabilitation.
- Instigates and provides Terms of Reference for staff investigations and conducts disciplinary and grievance hearings and appeals in accordance with Company policies and procedures
- Participate in recruitment, promotion and selection and drive towards efficient and effective use of resources
**Full job description below
The Ideal Candidate
- Credibility, authenticity and integrity.
- Delivery focused, with a clear understanding of female offending and the gender differences/experiences of women in custody.
- Senior leadership experience, senior management experience in the Criminal Justice System.
- Experience of contract management.
- A clear and demonstrable understanding of what makes a good leader, the skills required and the ability to motivate and engage others
- Ability to manage, develop and lead client and 3rd party key stakeholder relationships
- A clear and demonstrable understanding of key people management tools and resources
- High level Risk Management skills
- Experience of managing engagement, compliance and high-quality risk assessment and analysis.
- Experience of community engagement and working with stakeholders
- Demonstrating an ability to resolve complex issues and sound judgements in relation to risk assessment.
- Successful candidates will demonstrate enthusiasm, commitment, motivation, and the ability to be both fair and firm in challenging situations.
Salary of £50,000 - £55,000 per annum plus bonus and flexible benefit fund
What we offer
- season ticket loans
- free meals
- free parking
- subsidised gym membership
- group discount schemes
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
Interviews will take place on Friday 12th November 2021
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process