We currently have an opportunity for a Porter to join our team to provide a high quality Porter service to patients, staff and visitors, to undertake the movement of patients, equipment, documentation, food etc. in an efficient and safe manner. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Maintain clean and safe equipment and environment in accordance with the specification and be responsive to service needs as they arise and constantly seek to improve the productivity and quality of the service
- Undertake necessary duties to ensure maintenance of an efficient Portering Service as directed by your duty manager or helpdesk dispatcher. These duties will be carried out both in patient and non-patient environments
- All work must be undertaken in line with health, safety, security and Company and Trust policies and procedures including infection control
- When required, you may need to assist with the emergency and evacuation procedures and security situations in accordance with Trust policy
- To transfer patients in a safe and appropriate manner to and from the wards and departments via means of walking, wheelchair, trolley, or beds
- Attend medical emergencies including cardiac arrests with the resus trolley / bag
- Collection and safe removal and, where appropriate, the recording of non-clinical and clinical waste within your area of work, in line with Company procedures and Trust policy
- Assist Sodexo and the Trust in running an effective waste recycling and waste minimisation system, including shredding when required
- Ensure wheelchairs and trolleys are kept clean and ensure safe practice to minimise the risks of infection to patients and staff in accordance with national and Trust policy, in particular to be aware of their responsibilities as listed in the Infection Control Policy
- Ensure the cleanliness of the Porters lodge at all times
- Ensure the cleanliness of the waste areas at all times
- Maintain a clean, neat and tidy appearance, complying with Company and Trust uniform and hand care guidelines and high standards of personal hygiene
The Ideal Candidate
- Manual Handling Training
- Empathy with patients and visitors
- Ability to follow instructions
- Effective communication and customer care skills
- High standards of personal hygiene
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to deal with stressful situations
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.