Head of Health and Safety
It's a really exciting time to join Sodexo's Government Segment, we have recently merged our Justice Services and Government & Agencies business and are starting to bring to life synergies and focus, benefiting our teams and clients. Together we are a powerful combination of more than 11,000 employees and 600 sites serving 35 very high profile public sector clients.
A key focus for us is to build upon our strong Health, Safety and Risk reputation by bringing in a new senior leadership role as the Head of HSE.
In this exciting new opportunity you will lead the segment in all HSEQ matters including fire, food, wellbeing and environment. You will report directly in to the Segment Services Director focusing on HSE within our fantastic segment whilst also having a dotted line in to the UK Regional HSEQ Director where you will ensure the overall strategy and direction for the segment align to the UK's plan.
You will be a strong leader of people, able to inspire and encourage team work across the different contracts we have across the UK.
Making up the 35 public sector clients includes Prisons, National Government contracts and local government contracts which can be quite complex so you will need to be able to understand the challenges we will have across the portfolio and be able to manage the risks associated.
For more information about Sodexo and our services please click here
- Provide the framework for the Segment to be compliant with the Sodexo UK&I’s Food and HSEQ Policies and processes; drive continual improvement in HSE culture, performance and leadership
- Responsible for the relationship with HSEQ In Contract based teams to enable collaborative working and monitoring compliance to Sodexo UK/I Policies and processes
- To ensure that through your QSHE Board member the HSE role plays an integral role in bridging HSEQ compliance to align both operational and commercial requirements with Regional strategy
- Generate a progressive and positive HSEQ culture which focuses on improving compliant service delivery and individual accountability, where individuals feel enabled to make decisions, speak-out and act in the interests of Food safety, HSE & Quality
- Ensure the effective operation of the segment Risk Management Committee
- Lead the segment Business Continuity plan, to ensure timely review and communication to all stakeholders
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong engagement skills, with the ability to influence a number of key stakeholders, challenging plans of others to resolve conflicting priorities and agendas.
- Able to provide strategic direction and guidance, taking into account the diverse multi-client portfolio.
- To be forward thinking and the agility to function within an ever-changing environment.
- Able to drive continual improvement across all parts of the business
- Ability to represent and positively promote Sodexo and the segment on external/regulatory/client forums
- Experience in managing health and safety in a multi-site environment
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Food safety desired
- Experience in risk management and business continuity planning
- Internal management system auditing qualification or experience to ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISO 27001, ISO 41001 & ISO55001
Up to £70,000 per annum plus performance related bonus and car allowance
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business. We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process