Finance Manager - Retail, Conference and Events
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Finance professional to join our fantastic team based at Ascot Racecourse.
In this fast paced yet exciting role you will manage the financial elements of retail operations for race-days and all none race-day Conference & Events (C&E) activity.
You will produce and report on the Retail and C&E Profit & Loss accounts each month, including forward looking analysis & reporting ensuring key revenue and cost drivers are high-lighted and monitored.
You will be experienced in a similar role ideally having an understanding of the challenges and demands of working in conferencing and events and within the sporting industry.
This role is primarily based at Ascot Racecourse and the on-site locations during various events, however home working is possible on occasion and frequent travel/overnight stays will be required, particularly over summer months.
At this time, we do not require agency support.
Our heritage is built on catering and hospitality experience and fuelled by our passion for exceptional food and service. For over 40 years we have been providing bespoke catering and hospitality services for sports stadia, racecourses, visitor, attractions, historic venues, major events and premium airline lounges. Recognised across the globe for hospitality, we help create exceptional moments at extraordinary events such as Royal Ascot, Tour de France and RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
For more information on the company see Careers in Sports and Leisure
- Manage the financial elements of retail operations for race-days and all none race-day C&E activity, including all finance aspects of EPOS, stock control, capturing costs, technology and cash
- Form a close working relationship with the finance systems & cost controller
- Produce and report on the Retail and C&E Profit & Loss accounts each month, including forward looking analysis & reporting
- Maintain financial control relevant to profit & loss, including the timely & accurate capturing of revenue, labour & expense
- Review results with HOD’s ensuring key revenue and cost drivers are high-lighted and monitored; challenge any overspends and provide this information accurately and on a timely basis
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in a stadium or large events is beneficial
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership of team members with clearly identifiable influencing skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills with experience in management accounts and reporting developments
- Desirable to have good working knowledge of SAP and Essbase or other large accounting systems
- Part Qualified accountant, or qualified by experience
Circa £30,000 per annum
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process