Finance Hub Senior Co-ordinator
We are currently looking to recruit an experience Senior Finance Co-ordinator to oversee a team of up 15 individuals, ensuring that trading, payroll and purchase order administration of the Healthcare contracts run smoothly, producing high quality accurate work and meeting deadlines, providing an efficient and effective finance administrative support service to the business at all times.
You’ll ensure all company procedures and compliance are strictly adhered to by yourself and other members of the Finance Hub and whilst maintaining a robust internal control environment ensuring the integrity of site financial reporting.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, and retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).
- Manage the Coordinators and Administrators in all daily tasks, providing support through regular 1-2-1 discussion, EPAs, team meetings and huddles
- Follow HR policies and procedures including return to work interviews, investigations and disciplinary meetings where necessary
- Working pro-actively to make on-going improvements, identifying training needs for members of the team to develop their effectiveness using coaching and facilitation skills and then successfully implement changes
- Ensure that the company’s reporting timetable is met and all appropriate policies for stocks and cash are complied with by completing regular audit checks in line with Sodexo’s internal audit
- Validate the Teams outputs and accuracy in terms of invoice trading, payroll, purchase orders, stock and cash
- Responsible for the overall housekeeping of the Hub Central Finance drive including; managing process guides ensuring always compliant with internal audit, data cleansing and maintaining defined access levels
- Provide support to operational colleagues throughout the month where necessary including training & communication of responsibilities where required
The Ideal Candidate
- Worked within a busy accounts environment
- Pro-active approach to compliance with a can-do attitude and the drive to lead by example
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relate to all levels within
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Excellent time management and organisational skills to deliver effective Finance department service in a demanding environment with the ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to act on own initiative and adapt quickly to change
- Previous experience of team management
- Experience of working in a busy finance function
- Recent experience of SAP or other finance systems (Sage, Oracle).
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
Monday to Friday, occasional late evenings, weekend working
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.