The Electrical Technician role is part of the Integrated Facilities Management team providing technical support to the IFM team ensuring that our client and staff are provided with an attractive, safe, accessible and welcoming environment within our global manufacturing client’s site. Below are some of the example of the duties:
- Undertake maintenance and reactive activity to a wide range of Electrical Building Services equipment including but not limited to LV systems, PAT testing, RCD testing, RCBO testing, general lighting, AV, HVAC, building controls, small power and distribution, and other equipment found in modern pharmaceutical site
- To carry out planned preventative maintenance on all equipment under our control as per the Plant CMMS (Maximo)
- Maintain and maximize use of CMMS (Maximo) system and ensure all works are completed and closed within the agreed timeframe
- Take on adhoc projects from time to time as deeded necessary by the client / Supervisor
- Liaise with the service desk / supervisor and respond to all non-technical and technical queries in a timely manner to ensure conformance with the relevant Service Level Agreement
- Responsibility for the management of portable electrical equipment testing records, the issue of fixed installation certificates and general test certificates.
- Perform scheduled maintenance service on electrical systems and fixtures
- All work to be carried out by the relevant trade Standards
- Participate, maintain and undertake requirements of audits in accordance with Sodexo policies and procedures as and when required.
- Liaison and coordination of external contractors to complete required maintenance or breakdown service.
- To undertake weekend/out of hours working to complete intrusive maintenance activities that cannot be undertaken in client operating hours
- Planning and organisation of minor installation and improvement works.
- Contacting suppliers/wholesalers assessing costs and delivery times in accordance with the Sodexo procurement procedures.
- Support the spares management process through timely transaction of materials on the CMMS and ordering of materials.
- To ensure the appropriate use of equipment and facilities and that the working environment is maintained in good order
- To undertake appropriate health and safety training to support safe working practice, including where appropriate, its management.
- To undertake permit to works, working at heights, risk assessments and lock out tag out procedures
- Understanding of Health and Safety issues and requirements related to the maintenance Industry gained through experience
- Ability to take ownership and be accountable for all aspects of the role, ensuring tasks delivery is within time-scales, high quality and excellent customer satisfaction.
The Ideal Candidate
- 3 years’ experience in electrical building services and plant engineering
- Level 6 of the NQAI Certificate in Electrical Craft Practice or equivalent.
- Trained in I.S.3217 the Irish Standard for Emergency Lighting
- Pharma site experience
- Excellent communications both written and verbal.
- Exceptional customer focus with a positive, can-do attitude
- Numerate and computer literate.
- Electrical Technician
- 39 Hours per week
- 5 Days per week
- Training will be provided
- Please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process