Distribution & Logistics Operative
We are looking for Distribution & Logistics Operative to provide supply chain and stores support services across the Stevenage site. These include but are not limited to booking and processing of goods into the stores system, picking requisition orders, consolidation and delivery of consumables (including kanban) and solvent to customer locations.
- Receive and process incoming goods (consumables and solvent) as required ensuring appropriate storage and labelling as required.
- Ensure that incoming deliveries and paperwork conforms to purchase orders and administrative requirements.
- Ensure that all received items are undamaged and examined appropriately according to safety and security requirements
- Operation of computerised databases and systems to ensure that reports are accurate and complete
- Delivery of items to laboratories as required including kanban and non-kanban consumables, solvents and chemicals; ensure stock rotation as required
- Check and replenish site kanban points daily
- Drive and operate departmental and company vehicles as required once trained and competency checks undertaken
- To ensure regular checks of the equipment and machines used during the working day. Any faults/defects to be reported to Line Manager
- To ensure that all records are maintained in accordance with compliance guidelines and to provide data for monthly reports on performance and service delivery
- To report any non-conformances, delays to Line Manager
- Ensure that all necessary databases and records are completed accurately to comply with regulatory and business requirements.
- Liaise on a daily basis with other members of the D&L team
- Work to GxP practices where applicable
- To attend training sessions appertaining to the post and ensure this training is documented in your training file. Maintain own training file.
- Actively participate in team huddles/comm-cell meetings and proactively report customer and process feedback (VOC/VOP).
- To maintain a clean and tidy area at all times
- Carry out all requests and tasks in a helpful and professional manner, build relationships with key staff and consistently demonstrate a good customer service interface
- Complete any Helpdesk requests within the set time frames
- Demonstrate a high standard of personal hygiene, appearance, ensuring the company uniform issued is worn at all times
- Adhere to all company & client policies, procedures, site rules and regulations
- Comply with all company & client procedures relating to Health & Safety & safe working practices
- Start work on time and adhere to break times whilst on duty
- Represent and promote the Company wherever possible
- Provide support and cover for all departmental operations as required and to other departments as requested and reasonable
- To perform other reasonable duties as deemed necessary
The Ideal Candidate
- Good basic education
- Experience within the pharmaceutical/facilities industry
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of customers and multi-service team service personnel to achieve results
- Reasonable level of computer literacy. (knowledge of Microsoft Office software or software packages used would be an advantage)
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision and able to work under pressure to balance conflicting deadlines
- Strong team player with a flexible approach and experience in a high-quality customer service operation
- Service orientated attitude combined with innovative thinking
- A clean UK driving licence and ability to drive a 3.5 tonne Luton type vehicle
- Able to complete relevant paperwork according to principles of Good Documentation Practice
- Willingness to work outside, even during inclement weather
- A basic knowledge of COSHH and IOSH requirements
- Ability /qualification to drive a forklift/man-up truck
- Knowledge of Health and Safety within a logistics environment
- Experience of using hand-held scanning devices.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.