If you’re passionate about creating innovative, exciting and delicious culinary concepts read on… we’re looking for a Development Chef to join our team to help develop new menus and improve existing menus in line with our consumer and client expectations
You’ll need to be up to speed with culinary trends across multiple categories, you’ll have a keen eye for what’s on the high street and how this could be reflected into the differing Sodexo brands
You’ll play an influential role in driving change and creativity, bringing commercial awareness as well as creativity to the menu management of all of the brands within Sodexo. You’ll engage and interact with our supply chain on cost and inflationary issues, new product innovation and supplier relationships
You’ll partner with key service developer and brand managers within the central Food Platform and Sodexo segments in ensuring the food offers developed are on trend, in line with brand ethos, operationally and commercially viable
To be truly successful in this role you’ll be a creative influencer and leader, you’ll bring exceptional attention to detail, a high level of focus and concentration and an extensive culinary knowledge enabling you to interpret and translate industry trends. You’ll be adaptable and feel at home in a kitchen but also comfortable working in an office environment.
- Creation of new food offers in line with brand ethos from fully finished bought in to scratch made
- Staying up to date and understanding relevant industry trends and how they can be translated into relevant offers to drive growth
- Building recipes into Sodexo’s recipe menu management programs
- Supporting testing and concept development to drive profitability
- Establish strong working relations with all relevant stakeholders to ensure the most successful and effective use of the role
- Play a full and active part in driving culinary excellence
- Working collaboratively to ensure maximum benefits – financial and qualitative
- Supporting the Segment needs as required
- Full and active role in supporting initiatives as part of the central culinary team including National Craft Forum, Training, Product review and Innovation, Competition activity including Sodexo Live and National competition events
- Manage the mobilisation of new business and or piloting of newly developed service lines.
- Work with supply chain management and suppliers to bring new ingredients to market in line with service briefs.
- Actively take ownership of your personal training and development requirements, including regular performance & objective reviews with your line manager.
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified chef at high level with good experience in industry including menu creation, ingredient knowledge and recipe creation, a genuine love of food with strong background designing menus and recipes to achieve financial targets and accomplished in margin management
- Understanding of food techniques, following processes, methodologies and recipe formats
- Good computer skills
- Relationship building and people management skills with proven track record. The ability to manage a number of different projects at the same, deliver to defined timescales and deadlines.
- Strong communication, decision making skills and listening and influencing skills with proven effectiveness in successfully leading work streams and project teams.
- Must be flexible with working location and will be expected to work away from home.
- Able to demonstrate a good knowledge of current up to date food health & safety legislation
Where we can be flexible:
- Product development within a manufacturing environment
- Proven track record in taking products to market
- Experience within a number of segments within foodservice/contract catering market
- Large scale catering experience
- Development and training background
- Budget holder management skills
- Project management skills
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, Defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.