Contract Support Assistant
Sodexo have a fantastic opportunity for a Contracts Support Assistant to join our team. This position is offered on a full time basis, with the option to work from home. Some travel and overnight stays will be required.
The role will involve offering strong administration skills to the team, attending and hosting meetings, taking minutes and actions and distributing effectively to teams. The role will also be responsible for audit preparation, providing quarterly reconciliation details for the senior leadership team and providing weekly reports to the management team.
The ideal candidate should have fantastic administrative skills with a 'can do' attitude, previous experience using reporting tools - such as Excel and other Microsoft applications and fantastic people skills.
Our wealth of experience partnering Government Agencies means we are able to transfer best practices from the corporate sector to create better working environments in the public sector. We bring services that increase employee engagement, wellbeing and productivity to the public sector to help support government to deliver on its promised outcomes while reducing costs. Our goal is to improve service outcomes and reduce overall costs to the taxpayer.
- Manage work calls in a professional manner, join Teams/Skype meetings, take minutes and actions distribute to all relevant attendees, follow up action points.
- Manage diaries deconflict and organize meeting invites
- Collection and Collation of weekly performance reports from each unit including analysis, summary and remedial recommendations
- Assistance with billing and collation of monthly reporting packs including weekly trading analysis, summary and remedial recommendations
- Production of KPI documentation and performance reports
- Collation of Quarterly Reconciliation for senior leadership meeting
- Assisting with collation and audit reporting
- Manage / Co-ordinate key financial processes, ensuring consistency across the business and compliance with best practice
- Ensure all relevant managers HR and site files are up to date, for mid and senior management
- Produce client Dashboard report on a weekly/monthly basis
- Produce the financial and operational site newsletter on a monthly basis
- Produce monthly/ quarterly/ annually financial and operational information for the client review pack as requested by the Account Director / Manager
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong practical operational knowledge
- A highly customer focused individual with a ‘can do’ attitude
- PC literate with experience in Microsoft office applications including outlook/word/excel/power point
- Ability to multi task, work with others and be a good listener
- Ability to prioritise work streams and demonstrate attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative and be reliable and trustworthy
- Flexibility that is focused to delivering exceptional customer service
- Ability to handle feedback in a calm, structured and professional manner
- The ideal candidate should be able to handle confidential details with care and due attention
Up to £30,000 plus bonus and benefits
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more.
This role is offered on a home based contract with some travel and overnight stays required
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business. We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process