Cluster Technical Facilities Manager
Are you an experienced Technical Services Manager with a trade background? Do you thrive on managing multiple sites? We would like to hear from you!
We are recruiting for a Cluster Technical Services Manager for our drinks manufacturing sites in Southern England. The focus of the role is to manage the service delivery of all M&E across London and Hertfordshire in line with the contractual obligations. It is to manage the Technical Team, manage the subcontractor’s relationships and provide expert advice and guidance to the Account Support Manager or Workplace Manager or General Services Managers.
The role will include the day to day running of all hard services, ensuring all statutory and mandatory tasks are undertaken, carrying out site visits, staff training, review and comment on operational issues, amendment and review of the contract asset database and PPM/Lifecycle plan. Control of visiting specialist contractors, producing quotations for repair and project work.
Reporting into the Account Manager, you will be required to have experience in the Facilities Management industry, as well as asset maintenance planning software systems, managing a team of engineers, engineering compliance delivery as well as fantastic leadership skills and strong client relationship experience.
- Responsible for the operational management of building and engineering services for the south of England and support the portfolio in the rest of the UK.
- Full management of all the sites across the South, including staff management.
- Undertake Authorised Person responsibilities in relation to specified systems.
- Ensure Health & Safety compliance with policies, systems and procedures are in place for Standard Operating Practices, Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work, Control of Contractors, Site Induction, Toolbox Talks and Permit to Work.
- Ensure adequate control and monitoring is applied to all finance activities undertaken.
- Ensure consistency in processes and procedures deployed in operational delivery of services across all sites.
- Responsible for writing/reviewing of building SOP’s in conjunction with Sodexo Compliance teams
- To represent Sodexo on technical questions from both internal and external auditors.
- Functional responsibility for service activity for ensuring compliance with all relevant statutory and non-statutory legislation/guidance and site-specific health & safety and welfare policies, and ensure site is audit ready for external inspection.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced at a professional level with a proven track record of building services management and building asset (plant and equipment) operations in a complex building services environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- IOSH Certificate in Managing Safety
- High level of practical knowledge of relevant employment, Health and Safety and general legislative requirements
- Proven experience of managing employees within a service environment and maximising the performance of their team. Experience of direct labour management of subcontracting staff.
- Minimum of City & Guilds Craft Qualification Certificate and demonstrable experience in a trade discipline
- Planning and Organisational skills
- Flexible with the ability to work under pressure whilst looking for continual improvements to service delivery.
- Ability to grasp requirements effectively and to relate to the service provisions of the Contract
- NEBOSH Qualified
- Have held an Authorised Person (Trade Discipline Specific)
- Certification in Risk Assessment
- ISO Standards Internal Auditor
- Management of Legionella, Water Quality Management
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process