- All aspects of food production from preparation to service.
- To ensure the Company’s statutory regulations regarding hygiene, health & safety and cleanliness in the kitchen.
- To provide high personal standards of performance, hygiene and appearance ensuring correct uniform is worn & PPE used appropriately at all times whilst on duty.
- To ensure the cleanliness and tidiness of the kitchen and surrounding area at all times as reasonably practical.
- To maintain good customer and colleague relations at all times.
- To work within budgetary requirements.
- To be aware and adhere to portion sizes and control portion standards during production and service including communicating portion size to serving staff.
- To cater for special dietary requirements for patient feeding and customers as required.
- To assist with menu planning, ordering etc and receive any relevant training as necessary.
- Working with Stores department with effective ordering of all stock and ensuring that all deliveries are checked in accordance with the HACCP procedures in place
- To maintain records and complete all daily checks and documentation in relation to the role.
- To ensure the prompt service of all meals and services at the required times to the company’s standards and the client’s satisfaction.
- To report any compliments, complaints or incident of theft, fire, accident, loss, damage or other irregularity and take such action as is necessary or practicable.
- Weekend duty chefs – sole decision maker – direct line of supervision as agreed
- Any other duties as necessary for the successful performance of the role.
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified chef
- Food Safety Level 3
- Allergen awareness
- Ability to understand detailed instruction
- Ability to understand and adhere to current legislation at all times
- Ability to allocate resources effectively
- Ability to motivate teams as required
- Good communications skills
- Ability to demonstrate flair within food offers
- Ability to work on one’s own initiative
- Multi tasking
- City and Guilds/NVQ 3
- Good literacy and numeracy skill
- Knowledge of Special Diets
- IOSH managing safely
Working for Sodexo at our Private Hospital Site in Wolverhampton, Chefs fresh cook the staff and patient food ensuring high standard of dinning and service to all. Our small team operate 7 days a week and have a passion for food delivery.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.