Chef - Weekend
We are currently seeking a highly talented and driven person to work in the one of our Cork sites.
We are looking for someone with excellent organisational skills, the ability to prioritise their workload and have the ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
You will be working as part of a team but you will at times be expected to work independently and under your own initiative.
• To prepare all foods as requested by the Chef Manager
• Assist in the compiling of menus including salads as required.
• Produce Breakfast, lunch or dinner.
• Produce fruit cups.
• To help control stock and waste
• Deliveries are properly checked and stored.
• Stock is constantly monitored and rotated where necessary
• Adhere to cleanliness rules and routines to prevent food spoilage and waste
• Be fully conversant and comply with current up to date health& safety, HACCP, hygiene, fire and security regulations and procedures
• Ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming.
• To carry out any other duties when requested by Chef Manager
The Ideal Candidate
• Knowledgeable about food.
• Organized and comfortable working under pressure.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process