Do you have proven food preparation and team management experience? Do you have passion for delivering an exceptional service? Are you an excellent leader with the ability to motivate and increase individual effectiveness? This job might be right for you.
Sodexo are currently looking for a Chef Manager to join the team at our client site in Rugby, Warwickshire. You will be responsible for a team of catering staffs including their training and development whilst also assisting to plan, prepare and present meals on site to the required standard.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience managing a team in a busy environment, be able to add value, have good financial acumen and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Deliver the agreed SLA - Manage the catering function and services to the agreed standards, ensuring that deadlines and targets are achieved
- Maximise the profitability of the catering service and meet targets as set by the GSM, whilst managing costs effectively
- Manage the Catering Team - Lead, develop, manage and motivate a high performing team to the agreed standards ensuring that the client receives services of the highest quality
- Ensure that statutory requirements and company policies and procedures are followed
- Maximize sales within Restaurant, vending and hospitality
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office
- 706/2 or NVQ2 chef qualification, or equivalent
- Previous experience of catering management in a similar environment
- People management experience
- Ability to interpret and utilise financial and commercial information
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, be persuasive and decisive
- Achieve set, standards and operate to performance criteria, for example health and safety, hygiene
- Manage multiple workloads and shifting priorities
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Self motivated and able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Experience of delivering training
- IOSH Managing safely qualification
- E-ProphIT, RoL Trained
- Experience of managing conflicting expectations of the client and consumer within one business area
£25,900 - £28,700 per annum
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process