Have you managed a catering team before? Do you have excellent catering skills?
We are looking for a passionate catering professional to join the Sodexo team as a Chef Manager based at our client’s site in Dalston. As the Chef Manager, you will have responsibility of ordering, planning of food and financial system input. You will also be in charge of any administration duties involved with managing the kitchen.
Rise with Sodexo
- Responsible for the full compliance of statutory & Company Regulations as regards to Food Safety and Hygiene.
- To attend daily briefing meetings, weekly department head meetings, monthly Health & Safety Meetings & Quarterly Staff Meetings.
- Responsible for the motivation, training & development of all team members, providing annual departmental training plan, and facilitating regular performance reviews and job chats with all members of the team resulting in the setting of personal goals.
- Responsible for control of the Kitchen cost and expenses budget to assist in the profit target achievement
- To ensure all menu items are fully costed to achieve budgeted GOP% levels & Specifications are set for recipes & presentation
- Food safety management system is adhered and maintained in line with audits scores achieved
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in high volume catering
- Hospitality experience
- IT skills literate
- Strong communications skills
- Level 3 Food Safety
£22,500 per annum
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.