Residential Home Manager
We are looking for a Residential Home manager to join our team with a new high-profile client in the religious sector to look after reception, cleaning, catering and maintenance. You should have a substantial proven track record in a similar role, strong leadership skills and a sound financial mind. Cooking skills are a must.
This role will require some flexibility as you will be expected to work 5 days out of 7. This is a reasonably small site with a team of 15 reporting into this position.
- To produce all food services to the agreed client standard by taking personal responsibility of the delivery with the assistance of a supporting team
- To ensure financial documentation and accountancy of the unit (and those from suppliers) is accurate and within agreed budgeted levels
- To manage the quality and hygiene of the food cycle from preparation through to delivery
- To actively enforce relevant statutory, company and site OH&S compliance together with the monitoring of related equipment
- To motivate and lead catering employees to perform their roles to a high standard and in alignment to Sodexo policies and procedures
- To actively seek and identify opportunities for business growth within the contract and external market
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience in managing and leading teams
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering & cleaning developments & innovations
- Strong financial understanding and demonstrable budgeting management
- Experienced in adhering to and driving company initiatives
- Experience in leading, and managing a team
- Strong communication, and negotiation skills
- Experience working in a standards /compliance environment
- Relevant qualification and training and IT literate
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process