Business Chef Manager (Catering) - Healthcare
We at Sodexo are currently recruiting for an experienced Business/Chef Manager who will oversee a team of 10 to deliver a high-quality service to patients and staff 365 days a year. This would suit a Chef by trade who particularly enjoys business management.
The prestigious Nuffield Hospital in Wolverhampton has a staff/visitor restaurant, patient feeding and hospitality. We need an excellent communicator with previous team management experience and a catering background; someone who thrives on delivering to success! You’ll have to ensure food is delivered in a clean safe environment ensuring all areas of safeguard, EHO and Nuffield policies are adhered to. You’ll manage all aspects of staffing and ensure the smooth running of patient and staff feeding, liaise with clients to ensure all requests are completed within the required timeframe and attend client meetings to represent Sodexo.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).
A DBS is required for this role
- Order all provisions in line with Sodexo ordering policy and using Recipe on line, or for nonfood goods use nominated Sodexo suppliers
- Ensure that all areas of the kitchen and food service areas are kept clean and well maintained. Reporting any defaults to our client and helpdesk ensuring completion of outstanding issues
- To ensure completion of all the Sodexo SMS paperwork, temperatures, electrical checks, COSHH, HACCAP etc.
- To pass all internal and external audits such as safeguard, EHO and Nuffield audits
- Manage the team to achieve the desire results driving forward service excellence and delivering quality.
- Train all members of the team using the Sodexo GREAT training cards, induction, Nuffield training, passport training and competency observations
- Ensure the weekly rotas are complete in the correct time frame and labour is managed within budget agreements
- Complete daily and monthly billing
- Complete daily cashing up in accordance to Sodexo’s trading procedures
- Close accounts at agreed times
- Ensure HR issues are dealt with in accordance to training
- Manage your emails and correspond in a timely professional manor
- Liaise with the hospital director and client’s team
- Provide client quotations and mange subcontractors if successful
The Ideal Candidate
- Catering background is essential
- Organised and be able to deliver on time
- Track record of developing and leading a team
- Good written and verbal communication
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite
- Previous management experience in delivering results
- Experience in managing client relationships
£26,000pa + benefits
Nuffield Hospital, Wolverhampton
Work Pattern - 40hrs pw Mon to Friday although flexibility required to cover early/late starts and occasional weekends when necessary
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more!
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.