We currently have an opportunity for a Information and Business Support Assistant to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Deliver iAdmin support, enabling the effective use of information and associated tools within the HQ.
- Act as Primary MODNet Local Security Officer (LSO) for HQ Colchester Garrison and Merville Barracks Site.
- Act as an Authorised Demander for MODNet for HQ Colchester Garrison and dependent units.
- Receipt and dispatch of electronic information in accordance with IM Policy.
- Maintenance of the Garrison Site Collection, individual Team Sites and Garrison Intranet in particular applying access permissions to team sites, file plan and associated lists and document libraries.
- Record keeping and management of record capture, disposal, scheduling and storage in accordance with IM Policies and in addition maintaining the HQ’s local archive store.
- Assist the IMgr and CE & IM Manager in maintaining IM training standards for the Garrison HQ staff.
- Initiate, produce and publish Garrison Routine Orders (GRO) as required including the maintenance of the schedule of repeat orders.
- Focal point for the issue of Garrison Gymnasium and Swimming passes to entitled personnel including the collection of insurance premium contributions.
- Facility Management of the main conference room including bookings and technical support for presentation and communication equipment.
- Coordinate the provision of stationery supplies for the HQ applying cost effective ordering and stock control in accordance with Defence policy.
- Focal point for the centralised Garrison/Merville Barracks order, distribution, and re-collection of poppies for the Royal British Legion’s annual poppy appeal, and annual order of the HQ and HQ 16 Air Asslt Bde wreaths.
- Support conferences and meetings as required including any pre/post meeting administrative tasks and note/minute/record of decision taking.
- Provide support to the CE and IM Officer in regard to all CE activity.
The Ideal Candidate
- NVQ Business Administration Level 2.
- Good communication skills and the ability to influence
- Working in a team environment
- Managing a customer and supplier relationship
- Good level of aptitude for continued professional development in Information Management/Administration
- Knowledge of Office 365 including Microsoft SharePoint
- Previous experience of working in an Information Management/Administration environment.
This full time role is 37 hours per week, which we would also consider as a job share.
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business