We currently have an opportunity for a Café-General Assistant to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Assisting with the preparation of and the serving of all meals and beverages to customers, ensuring great customer service at all times
- Using the EPOS till, serve customers and cash up at the end of service
- Check stock levels and replenish when necessary
- Ensure good knowledge of products on sale and on special offer
- Ensure the café/restaurant is presented to a high standard throughout the day and carry out a thorough cleaning at the end of the day
- Ensuring that the kitchen and service areas are clean and tidy, assisting with waste removal and washing up
- Ensuring health and safety regulations are followed
- Completing any administration as requested including food temperatures, wastage and cleaning schedules
- Assisting in the effective management of stock and portion control
- To raise any issues or customer suggestions and complaints to the Catering Manager
- Assist with the ordering and deliveries as required
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good levels of literacy and numeracy
- Experience in the catering industry
- Basic knowledge of food hygiene and Health & Safety
As a General Assistant you will be responsible for:
Assisting with the preparation of and the serving of all meals and beverages to customers between three catering outlets:
hospitality-meeting rooms, cafe-deli and staff restaurant
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.